- 11:43 AM 30/06/2015 #1
(Overnight at local house by the river – basic accommodation)
- The excursion starts from Cai Be town pier at 10.30am the latest. Upon embarkation on your river junk, you will be welcomed with fresh cotton towels. The cruise will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. We will then proceed to Phu An hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta can offer.
- On the way, stop will be made at some local home factories to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other regional specialties are made. A delicious lunch will await you at “Le Longanier”, a superb Indochinese villa located by the river, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations.
- After lunch, your sampan will cruise deeper into the country side on smaller canals and arroyos passing under several small traditional bridges made by wood and bamboos. Stops can be made during the cruise to visit some fruit markets and plantations on the banks (bananas, water melon, and longans), an opportunity to make contacts with local inhabitants. Along the river, local houses are still traditionally made of wood and palm tree leaves. On the river banks, you will observe some very large rice fields while cruising between numerous suspended fishing nets, an ancestral way of fishing in the Mekong Delta.
- The cruise will proceed to Dong Hoa Hiep island. You will disembark at an ancient Mandarin house dating from late 19th century located on the river banks. After being greeted by the owners, you will proceed to the check-in formalities and leaded to your room.
- Rest of the day at leisure in a peaceful and romantic atmosphere. Dinner and overnight at the ancient house.
Day 2: Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long - Sa Dec
- After breakfast, back on board your private sampan for your second day cruise in the delta. You will discover Dong Hoa Hiep island, a peaceful escape where you will be able to discover the rural life style and daily activities of the delta inhabitants such as roofs making with palm tree leaves, a bricks and tiles artisanal factory, net fishing,…
- These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remaining unknown to many people.
- We will proceed the cruise up-stream on the Tien Giang River, another large arm of the Mekong. On both sides of the river, locals are recolting water jacinth, another famous Mekong delta product used for furniture and baskets. On the banks, some dark smokes in the sky will lead us to one of the biggest bricks and tiles factory where we will you have an interesting visit.
- Back on board, we will cruise to Sa Dec. The town is appearing like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals, with various kinds of activities on the banks. We will disembark at the local market place, and have a short walk through it. Your lunch will be served at on board.
- In the afternoon, visit of Sa Dec charming and peaceful town, walking along its narrow streets and beautiful old houses dating from the last century, among some old Chinese temples, ancient Dinh, including the primary school of Marguerite Duras famous writer. (See Marguerite Duras novel turned into a famous movie, “The Lover”).
- The excursion will end at around 04pm. Your own private transportation vehicle will await you for your transfer back to Saigon or will proceed further to your next destination.
CHỦ ĐỀ NỔI BẬT
Chia sẻ công thức nấu ăn, mẹo vặt trong nhà, cùng nhiều thông tin thường thức khác, giúp cuộc sống bạn thêm nhẹ nhàng.
Theo dõi Kinh Nghiệm Hay