In the era of rapid development of cameras and digital technology. Is it all about beautiful photos thanks to the technology of digital media?

Although I have a camera that incorporates the most advanced, most expensive technology, it is just a machine, an inanimate device. The main thing is we have to learn how to use it!

A photograph is a work of art that conveys the thought of its creator. Digital technology is just a necessary condition, not a sufficient condition, it only supports people who create works that are more convenient.

Factors that make artistic value in a photo, of course not the camera, but how did the photographers use that camera? A good photographer is not the one with the best, most expensive camera, it's the one who takes the best picture!

hình ảnhArt photographs taken by Kim Hằng

So what is a good picture?

A good photo is a clear, clear picture. Anyone, used popular cameras outside the market can take good pictures!

hình ảnhArt photographs taken by Kim Hằng with the Canon EOS 6D Mark II

How is a perfect picture?

A perfect photo must capture an important moment, capture a fleeting expression, a meaningful gesture. Or it manifests itself in an eye-catching or unusual appearance, a person, a landscape, a form of nature. Maybe it's a product we grabbed, or we deliberately created. Whether it is an accidental or intentional product, it is both a diamond and a stone, figuring it out requires a certain amount of knowledge and talent. 

hình ảnhArt photographs taken by Kim Hằng with the Nikon D7500

In this article, I want to discuss three most basic issues in photography

1Descriptive object:

In photography, the nature of the subject has almost no significance whatsoever.

A very ordinary scene, a face of a passerby, an animal, a tree trunk, even a pebble, carrying inside it is much more likely to take good pictures than anything else (beautiful women, kittens, swans swimming on the lake, the sunset,…)

hình ảnhArt photographs taken by Kim Hằng with the Fujifilm X-T3

2.  Frame layout:

Frame is the selection a mold containing the object in it, the selection is made in the viewfinder, before shooting.

Some say that just taking a photo and then editing the frame is completely wrong, just take advantage of this is the bad habit of the photographer, the photographer himself is never confident in frame composition.

hình ảnhArt photographs taken by Kim Hằng with the Sony Alpha A7R III

3.  Viewpoint:

The point of view is the position of the observer's eye or the position of the camera lens: when clicking, the observer's eyes and the camera lens merge into one.

Point of view is a basic concept in photography, because it alone determines the perspective of the subject.

hình ảnhArt photographs taken by Kim Hằng with the Nikon D850

Through this article, I hope people who hold a camera (or phone) get the basic theories to make a great photo, and have the theoretical basis to evaluate a beautiful picture.

However, my advice is every art creation, or art criticism, should start from feeling, and then using theory to verify your emotions, okay?

Lastly, I would like to thank the readers for their interest in my article. See you in the upcoming article.

Best regards!